A Proof of the Other's Existence
What should be said or left unsaid between two writers? Maciej Wojtyszko stages the meeting of two Polish authors, Witold Gombrowicz and Sławomir Mrożek, pushing them to the verge of explosion.
Jan Englert as Gombrowicz and Cezary Kosiński as Mrożek portray the artists who provoke each other – one with constant pretending and the other with aloofness and silence. Wojtyszko retells the history of their actual meetings in 1965 and 1966 creating a drama about struggles with the Polish identity. As its viewers, we realize where we come from and what has shaped us.
director: Maciej Wojtyszko
set design: Paweł Dobrzycki
music: Piotr Moss
lighting design: Grzegorz Kędzierski
2015 – The Cyprian Kamil Norwid Award in "Theatre" category to Maciej Wojtyszko as an author and director of A Proof of the Other's Existence
Rita Labrosse (guest actor)
Sławomir Mrożek (guest actor)
- director's assistant: Marcin Przybylski
- set designer assistants: Elwira Szyszka, Anita Trzaskowska, Joanna Walisiak-Jankowska
- sound technicians: Marcin Kotwa, Maciej Rybicki
- lighting technicians: Łukasz Obuch-Woszczatyński, Tomasz Księżak
- stage manager: Krzysztof Kuszczyk