Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Lively characters, psychological complications. A relentless run for money. A tale of family hypocrisy in a new, powerful translation by Jacek Poniedziałek.
Tennessee Williams’s story of a millionaire from the American South is given a razor-sharp stage rendition by Grzegorz Chrapkiewicz. The brutality of human relationships manifests itself in language and violent emotions. Family ties, both parental and marital, collapse, which is followed by alcohol intoxication and sexual frustrations. The burden of lies, disappointment, pretending, rejection and suffering is unbearable. It is hard to refrain yourself from inflicting unnecessary pain.
Spectacle for adult audiences.
director: Grzegorz Chrapkiewicz
set design: Boris Kudlička
costume design: Dorota Roqueplo
music: Leszek Możdżer
lighting design: Jacqueline Sobiszewski
Mae „Sister Woman”
Reverend Tooker (guest actor)
Gooper „Brother Man”
- director's assistant: Marcin Hycnar
- video production: Stanisław Zaleski
- set designer's assistants: Arkadiusz Chrustowski, Elwira Szyszka
- costume designer's assistant: Anita Trzaskowska
- lighting technicians: Łukasz Obuch-Woszczatyński, Tomasz Księżak
- sound technicians: Marcin Kotwa, Maciej Rybicki
- video technicians: Mariusz Chałubek, Paweł Woźniak
- stage manager: Krzysztof Kuszczyk
- prompter: Jolanta Szydłowska
Licence for this stage production was granted by the Society of Authors – ZAiKS. Performance of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof has been produced within agreement with The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee.
Partner of the production's opening night: