Ivona, Princess of Burgundia
What would happen, if someone's perfectly organised world was invaded by a stranger of such kind?
Crude and uncontrolled, she doesn’t fit the photoshopped reality. Ivona’s arrogance is striking in its own way, as she grants herself the right to make mistakes, to be weak and imperfect. This irritates others, exposes their hypocrisy and fills them with envy. We may live in a democracy, but social hierarchies still exist. We keep the order intact, just like the royal court in Gombrowicz’s drama does. We dislike those who are different.
director: Agnieszka Glińska
set design: Magdalena Maciejewska
costume design: Agnieszka Zawadowska
music: Jan Duszyński
choreography: Weronika Pelczyńska
lighting design: Jacqueline Sobiszewski
Ivona (guest actor)
Ewa Konstancja Bułhak
Chamberlain (guest actor)
Cyril, Prince Philip's Friend
Cyprian / Innocenty, Courtier
- director's assistant: Agata Zdziebłowska
- set designer's assistants: Agnieszka Beaupré, Elwira Szyszka
- costume designer's assistant: Anita Trzaskowska
- sound techinicians: Mariusz Maszewski, Marek Szymański, Hubert Majewski
- lighting technicians: Zbigniew Szulim, Bartłomiej Kaczalski
- video projection: Mariusz Chałubek, Paweł Woźniak
- stage manager / prompter: Ewa Dworecka
Licence for this stage production was granted by the Society of Authors – ZAiKS.